Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Southern Style




I've had the distinct pleasure of spending the past week in North Carolina. I've found some fabulous items for my clients in Calgary and Vancouver. But more importantly, I've picked up a few fashion tips from my Southern Sisters.

1) Do not be afraid of color. Or white.

As you can see in the photos above, I stuck out like an "Adam's Family" sore thumb in my black and tan ensemble. It's summer - think white, think bright green, think anything but black.

2) Rock a big smile. It's the coolest and most beautiful thing you can wear.

3) Pin-thin means you're not eating your shrimp 'n grits.

Women of all sizes ARE womanly and stylish.

4) The sun-dress is your friend.

This is a new one for me, being a life-long-lover of the pant. Skirts (when you live in Canada) mean hosiery and chill. Here they mean "one-easy-piece" and the wind up your skirt. Am all over that.

No comments: