Thursday, June 5, 2008

Shoe Slave: The Shoe Boot


Images: Gothamcityonline

I absolutely love the shoe-boot. They're super-stylish and provide some protection from the elements on those fall days. I bought my very first pair of shoe-boots in the early '90's at Fluevog on Queen Street West in Toronto. Platform, black and a touch Goth - I wore those shoes with EVERYTHING.

Good news! The shoe boot is big again for Fall 2008. In preparation for all those beautiful fall styles, I picked up this pair at Gothamcityonline.

You know I love SW. Always, always, always so comfortable. And sexy. This pair was reasonably priced (relatively speaking) and will be cute with a short skirt or cropped pant. Suite101 gives a great dissertation on how to wear the shoe-boot:

Shoe-boots or ankle-boots can be tricky things to wear. You can murder a look by adding these booties to a knee-length dress or skirt. Keep your skirts short when wearing these. The chunkiness of the shoe will also compliment a feminine mini dress.

These booties go well with long tunic tops and skinny jeans. However, wear them with care, or you may be in danger of them resembling a pair of pigs trotters! Whatever your outfit, shoe boots are meant to be noticed. Don’t hide them under floaty maxi dresses or under long baggy pants.


Maybe I'm obsessing about my fall wardrobe because it's so damn cold out.


No comments: