Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Shoe Slave: Heels 101


Susan Brink wrote an enlightening piece on how to keep your feet healthy in high heels. I cannot speak from a medical perspective, but I can offer these heel hints:
  1. Save your pennies and buy the best quality you can - they WILL be more comfortable.
  2. Wear your heels at home for practice. I recently purchased a higher-than-normal pair (pictured above) that I teetered around for an entire afternoon (while doing housework). Now I can run in them.
  3. Please keep your feet clean. A sexy shoe is not going to make a gnarly foot look better.
  4. If you're a rookie, pack a pair of flats in your purse. Have you seen girls walking barefoot down the sidewalk? Tragic.
  5. Wear them to bed (alone). It's pretty sweet to wake up and admire your beautiful shoes. It's almost better than coffee.


No comments: