Friday, July 18, 2008

An Iron-Free Shirt?

Image: oprah.com
Whatever your opinion of Oprah, she and her team have keen eyes for the good stuff. So when O recommends, I will often try. Especially when it's an IRON FREE dress shirt.

I have a love/hate relationship with the dress shirt. Love them because they're always classic and look great on everyone. Hate them because every time I take them to the cleaners....I get taken to the cleaners. Eight bucks a shirt is a lot of disposable income. Particularly if you wear dress shirts to work every day.

Clearly, the alternative to dry cleaning (ironing my own shirts) is not a palatable option. Instead, I will wear knits. Call me cheap. Or lazy.

Oprah featured the NON-IRON Brooks Brothers dress shirt on her show this week. Apparently these shirts are crisp right out of the dryer. I was intrigued.

Upon further investigation I discovered that the white dress shirt is only available in-store. I did however, order a standard, blue, fitted model to test-drive. It was on sale AND Brooks Brothers doesn't gouge for shipping to Canada (bonus points).

Review pending. Watch for it.

No comments: