Thursday, July 3, 2008

Haute Thursday

Chanel
Givenchy

Of course we can't afford haute couture clothing. That's not REALLY the point is it? The point is to look...then sigh. These two images (from the Paris haute couture shows) are very different, but very, very sigh-worthy.

First up, Chanel. Tweeds, my favorite. Could he (Karl Lagerfeld) please stop it with that dress? There are FEATHERS on the hem! I simply cannot take it.

Second shot, Givenchy. Love the GRAY boots, the fur "vest", the whole thing - very modern and totally gorgeous. I've got to unearth the fur vest I bought a few years ago. I think it's in the costume box with my "cougar" costume - must retrieve.

Bonus item, Chanel two-tone tights. I hate tights. They cling in all the wrong places, sag in all the wrong places and make you sweaty in all the wrong places. I would suffer all of those things to wear these tights. Ridiculous.

No comments: